Modern Home Tour
October 8, 2011
The Minnesota Chapter of DOCOMOMO US will host a tour of Modern houses in the Twin Cities area on Saturday, October 8, 2011. The tour includes homes designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, John Howe, Carl Graffunder, and James Stageberg. Properties are located in Grant Township, St. Paul, Minneapolis, Minnetonka, and Burnsville. Attendees will be provided with a brochure and map to drive to each location. The tour will end with a party at Sankaku, designed by John Howe, in rural Burnsville. Tour cost is $20 for members of DOCOMOMO US, $30 for non-members, and $15 for students (student ID required at time of ticket purchase). Tickets can be purchased at each property on the tour. All proceeds from the tour go to the support of the Minnesota Chapter of DOCOMOMO US.
- DON & VIRGINIA LOVNESS STUDIO AND COTTAGE ***DUE TO THE OVERWHELMING PUBLIC RESPONSE, THE LOVENESS ESTATE WITHDREW THE HOUSE FROM THE TOUR. THE REST OF THE TOUR WILL GO ON AS SCHEDULED FOR THE POSTED PRICES. ****
- PHILIP & MARIAN RAUP HOUSE 1572 Fulham (University Grove), Falcon Heights, 55108 Winston & Elizabeth Close, 1954 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- PETER & MARTHA WARHOL RESIDENCE 4100 Edmund Boulevard, Minneapolis, 55406 James Stageberg, 1961 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- DALRUMPLE HOUSE 1700 Mt. Curve Avenue, Minneapolis, 55403 Bliss & Campbell, 1963 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- LEIGHTON HOUSE 1722 Oliver Avenue South, Minneapolis, 55403 Carl Graffunder, 1955 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- “BIRDWING” (CHARLES & MARGE PIEHL HOUSE) 2410 Oakland Road, Hopkins, 55305 Lloyd Wright, 1965 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- “SANKAKU” (JOHN & LU HOWE HOUSE) 15907 James Avenue South, Burnsville, 55306 John Howe, 1971 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.